Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Waiting for Winter?


For the past six months I have been consumed with developing an anthropological hypothesis on the effects of the climate temperature on human behavior (Wow that sounds very academic!).  In layman’s terms – the summer heat has caused me to be a bit frenzied.  This year temperatures have hit the highest in 30 years! High 90’s into the low 100’s was normal, falling asleep was a challenge, and washing your hands is substituted for bucket baths.
I wake up and go outside to see if I feel or smell the relief in the air and I’ve accepted the slowness of the dry summer season to leave - 91 degrees today dropping to 61 degrees tonight.
I still roll the fan from room to room with me – it’s like a puppy. I still wear the same three loose cotton dresses I had made.  I still stock the refrigerator with water bottles as well as the tiny freezer. I still wonder if I will ever wear my socks and sweatshirt here.  My thoughts on tropical living were tainted by postcards. 

Getting back to my hypothesis; I look at these pictures, all taken on hot days and I see warm friendships, warm smiles, and warm hospitality. I guess can wait for summer to end.  Mozambican style.
@bloggingabroad 




@bloggingabroad 

No comments:

Post a Comment