Tuesday, November 1, 2016

A Mole for humanity.

Today marks the 18th month that I have grabbed my sword and embarked out into this environment to slay the demons of destitution caused by poverty.  I live as a spy in this evil territory, hoping to cause a revolution and overthrow the naiveté and save the people from the wickedness of diseases and hunger.Unfortunately, the monster remains sturdy, with just a few nicks from my dented sword, while my efforts now look flimsy.

I finally have accepted, despite my persistence, that the demon will not die for quite some time. It has many heads, and there is a battalion of forces that need to be slain. Weak education system,  sexism, health epidemics, soaring inflation. political corruption, lack of infrastructure, brittle traditional values, hierarchy in decision makers, environment, weak centralized health system - all of these issues are lived with every day by every person I come across in this small village.

I ABHOR THESE DEMONS

Yet tomorrow I pick up my sword and go to a meeting trying to assist restructuring the patient flow of pediatric services at the hospital. After that, the triage “system”, setting up department “heads”, remapping the technicians, and introduce the idea of being ACCOUNTABLE. 

I’ve gathered ideas, analysis data, collaborated, rolled my eyes, debated, teared, and then insisted some more.

Humm.. Could it be that Peace Corps Volunteers are just moles searching for the troops to kill the demon?

Ps. I recommend Peace Corps for all loving determined moles with a small sword who do want to try to slay the demons. 

This is why:














No comments:

Post a Comment