Sunday, January 31, 2016

Details: The points we trip over in life’s journey.



Details: The points we trip over in life’s journey. 

I wish I read a how-to book called “Live in harmony and pay attention to the details” because if I did, these last nine months would have been a smoother ride. That’s where the value of knowing the details comes in; unfortunately they are learned at the most inopportune time.
Here are two little details In Mozambique’s cultural that I wish I was aware of:

Undergarments are to be washed by the owner after you bathe and hung where no one can see them. If they are in public view they will be removed from the clothe line to some remote location. You will go without, until you need fresh lemons and go to pick one from the tree near the clothe line. (Undergarments are private items).

You can make a schedule; just do not put a time or date- numbers don’t work here.  It will happen when it happens, just keep it on your list. The city dentist will understand why it took you six hours to come to his office since the bus took 2 ½ hours to fill on a Wednesday. (Buses do not depart until they are filled to capacity).


Details of a harmonious life…..well at least I'm dancing to an new  rhyme .


With underwear on, so what if I trip?

 http://bloggingabroad.org/blog-challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment