Sunday, January 10, 2016

Why am I doing this?

Here I sit eight months after I have arrived here in Mozambique and I’m asked by Blogging Abroad Boot Camp Challenge the heavy “Why are you doing this?” topic to write about.  Just thinking about answering I am reminded of raising two inquisitive children and answering “Because I said so”.

But who was that “I” that told me to do this venture? Was it the destiny of fate? My résumé? My stance on contributing to bettering lives? Is it my passion to travel and view different cultures? Or is it inner voice pushing me as I get older to complete the “To Do List”? 

Those are all part of the answer and I’m glad I listened to all those reasons. Working abroad as a Peace Corps volunteer was the fit for that itch I was carrying my whole life. 

"The toughest job you'll ever love." has held the truth so far.

To be fair to ying and yang the feeling of yearning makes us all question why we chose to be away from our homes. I must admit it has been difficult not to be closer to 
my children and family. It gives me some comfort knowing that Christian and Alycia are doing well in college pursuing that voice within them as well. This is part of Parent Leadership with a few pangs in the heart.

So in summary “why am I here?” My answer is - there is more gratification in the present term of “why” than the past term of “why didn’t you?”   xo








 https://gallery.mailchimp.com/7afe2213bd8ceacfeeb9f0304/images/f9b8db63-9bbb-479b-aef7-a7e4ab4fedef.jpg#BloggingAbroad

2 comments: